Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Reference Clerk's Dream...more search engines! :)

Hello all,
I am really excited that I have new search engines to use. I've been a Googlephile for a long time but these sites are pretty cool. I must admit for my fave for research is the amazing Hakia.com. Now I wish the name was a little better than this but I will save it to my favorites. They have 2 lists of results and my favorite is Credible sites which are sites "recommended by librarians to ensure quality and commercial free bias". Where have you been all my life Hakia...Google who?
I did notice with Lexxe.com that the results I came up with seemed more reputable than Google results. Quinura.com provides a word web on the side with similar words to your search term. Bing.com has different subheadings to look under.

No comments: