Thursday, June 14, 2007

Solo trip to Denver

On 6/4 and 6/5 I went to Denver,CO for the second time. Last time I went to the Denver Zoo which was beautiful and Cherry Creek State Park which was adjacent to my hotel in Aurora. This time I was able to go into the Rockies. I highly recommend the tour company Gray Line tours. They will pick you up from your hotel if you are in downtown Denver or Central Denver. There are different tours, but I took the Denver Mountain Parks tour which is a 4 hour tour ($45) that goes to Dinosaur Ridge, Red Rocks Amplitheater and Lookout Mountain. Our tour guide was Ron King, I think he should have been named Joe King since he always had funny things to say.
It was very beautiful. If you are in Denver if you don't want to rent a car this is a great idea.
I can't wait to go back again. There is a more extensive tour that is 9 hours long and is $99 so next time I go I will probably go on this tour. The Rockies are magical and draw you in. I fell in love with them like many others before me. I definitely recommend this as a vacation destination. These pictures definitely don't do it justice.

1 comment:

Booker said...

Wow! I am so jealous. We lived in Denver for a number of years and I would love to get back there to visit friendsa and my favorite places. I'm glad you had a great time.